What food is high on vitamin K?
What food is high on vitamin K?
green leafy vegetables
The most common foods with high vitamin K are green leafy vegetables such as kale, collard greens, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and lettuce.
What veggies are high in vitamin K?
Here’s the full list of foods packed with vitamin K:
- collard greens.
- turnip greens.
- Brussels sprouts.
What food helps blood clot faster?
Vitamin K and Coagulation
- Leafy vegetables, like collard greens, spinach, lettuce and kale.
- Other types of vegetables like broccoli and okra.
- Certain fruits, like blueberries and grapes.
- Soybean products, including oil and natto.
- Nuts, like pine nuts and cashews.
- Animal products, like chicken, ground beef and eggs.
Does milk have vitamin K?
Reduced-fat or fat-free dairy products contained ∼5–22% of the vitamin K found in full-fat equivalents. For example, total vitamin K contents of full-fat milk (4% fat), 2%-fat milk, 1%-fat milk, and nonfat milk were 38.1 ± 8.6, 19.4 ± 7.7, 12.9 ± 2.0, and 7.7 ± 2.9 µg/100 g, respectively.
Is cucumber high in vitamin K?
Cucumber is relatively high in vitamin K. Eating too much cucumber could affect how a person’s blood clots.
What thickens blood naturally?
Vitamin K helps your blood to clot (thicken to stop bleeding).
Does yogurt have Vit K?
Regular and Greek yogurt with full fat (mean ± SEM: 4.6% ± 0.5% and 4.0% ± 0.2%, respectively) contained similar vitamin K concentrations as full-fat milk (4% fat) (Table 2). Surprisingly, neither menaquinones nor phylloquinone were detected in fat-free yogurt.
What meat is highest in vitamin K?
100 g of the following foods contain high levels of vitamin K-2.
- natto – 939 mcg.
- goose liver – 369 mcg.
- beef liver –106 mcg.
- turkey sausage – 36.6 mcg.
- chicken meat –35.7 mcg.
- turkey frankfurter – 31.2 mcg.
- salami – 28 mcg.
- pepperoni – 41.7 mcg.
Is watermelon high in vitamin K?
You can also enjoy many fruits low in vitamin K that will not significantly impact your PT/INR levels. Fruits that contain a minimal amount — less than 3 percent DV — of vitamin K per cup include : Watermelon — 0.2 micrograms.
What foods promote blood clotting?
- Green leafy vegetables including collard and turnip greens, kale, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, lettuces.
- Soybean and canola oil.
- Salad dressings made with soybean or canola oil.
- Fortified meal replacement shakes.
Are sweet potatoes high in vitamin K?
Choices Low in Vitamin K If you add vegetables that provide no more than 5 micrograms per serving, your choices expand to include squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, eggplant, carrots, green peppers and succotash.
Does garlic contain vitamin K?
Garlic contains no Vitamin K and there should not be an interaction with warfarin as a result.
What foods contain high amounts of vitamin K?
– Prunes — 24% DV per serving. 5 pieces: 28 mcg (24% DV) – Kiwi — 23% DV per serving. – Avocado — 18% DV per serving. – Blackberries — 12% DV per serving. – Blueberries — 12% DV per serving. – Pomegranate — 12% DV per serving. – Figs (dried) — 6% DV per serving. – Tomatoes (sun-dried) — 4% DV per serving.
What fruits have the highest vitamin K?
– Kiwi fruit 1 medium 27.8 mcg – Peach 1 medium 3.9 mcg – Plums 1 medium 4.2 mcg – Canned pumpkin 1/2 cup 19.6 mcg – Raisins 1.5 oz. 1.5 mcg – Fresh strawberries 4 oz. 2.5 mcg – Watermelon 4 oz. 0.1 mcbg. Is it safe to eat cranberries while on Coumadin (warfarin)? Are blueberries and blackberries safe for a Coumadin (warfarin) user to eat regularly?
What vegetables are high in vitamin K?
Kale. Kale is a delicious leafy vegetable not only high in vitamin K,but also offers plenty of vitamin A,vitamin C and manganese.
What drinks are high in vitamin K?
QUAKER OATS,PROPEL Fitness Water,fruit-flavored,non-carbonated 0ug